Re: GNOME-HELIX

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 10:29:09PM +0900, Ryuichi Arafune <arafune@debian.org> was heard to say:
> Hello all,
>
> I maintain a "memopanel" package which is an applet for gnome-panel.
> (memopanel depends on the libpanel package which is a part of gnome-core.)
> Becaseu I want to use the current stable gnome-core, I send a wishlist
> to BTS.
>
> James (gnome-core maintainer)  said (Bug #66467)

> James> I am no longer really maintaining my gnome packages.  I've given them
> James> to Peter T (helix guy).  The updated packages can be found there if
> James> you want them.  Course so can gnome-applets.
>
> I have some questions, please let me know.
>
> 1) Where is ? (URL?) I cannot find it in the official ftp server.
> 2) Is the helix-gnome "pure" Debian package?
> 3) If I install them and build the package which depends on the
>    helix-gnome-core, the package must depends on the gnome-helix.
>    Can I build the package which depends on the helix-gnome, and upload it as a
>    Debian package?

  I thought the Helix-Gnome guy was a Debian developer?

  If so, and if the other Gnome maintainers are letting their packages stagnate
because of Helix's work, maybe it would be better to move those into the
official Debian archives and make the Helix guy their maintainer..that would
make things better for woody users at least (although stable users will be
stuck with an obsolete version of Gnome for the next eighteen months or so :( )

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|   CCs of list    |    "Fluble, the others want you to know that we          |