Re: Debian Weekly News - June 27th, 2000

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 22:48:26 +1000 (+0000), Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 01:08:33PM +0300, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> > Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > > Just what we don't need...
> > That's what narrowminded ideology begets...
>
> I'd agree that setting up a deb repository is narrowminded.
>
> Consider this: any reasonable person who wants to become
> a Debian developer, can become a Debian developer. Once a developer,
> they can contribute to the official .deb repository.
>
> It is doubtful that you would want to install a .deb from someone
> rejected by our non-maintainer process anyway.
>
> Hence, there is simply no need for such a repository.

Well at work we added one line to /etc/apt/sources.list which pointed to
helixcode and no problems so far (however saying that there was a conflict
between gnome-panel and one of their packages (gnome-applets??)).

Another reason - internal use only software sites.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-   because I'm allergic to Prozac   -*-  www.debian.org