Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator

Hello list.

||  My version of sensible-x-terminal check $XTERMINAL environmental
||  variable.  And more, it checks LC_CTYPE locale and invokes proper
||  X terminal emulator for multibyte languages (CJK) and combining
||  character languages (Thai).  Thus it is written not in shell script
||  but in C.

This may be a little late, but I'd like to point out that there two
kinds of X terminals:

 -- A terminal emulator running under X (xterm, rxvt, yadda yadda);

 -- A graphical terminal (hardware) basically running nothing but an
    X server.

If you choose wording like "sensible-x-terminal" and "XTERMINAL", these
two kinds of X terminals are confused (well, maybe not to developers but
certainly to end users).  It might be advisable to choose something to
better indicate the difference.  Tossing some ideas:

    sensible-x-term-emu
    sensible-x-term-emulator
    sensible-xterm-emulator
    sensible-xterm

    XTERM
    XTERMEMU

Please think about this.  If we want to change the wording, it's got
to be done NOW before "sensible-x-terminal" and "XTERMINAL" are too
commonly used.

Ciao.                                                           Vincent.