Re: Removing non-free - reality check.

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 12:39:32AM +0000, Benedikt Eric Heinen wrote:

> Even though, I see a second point (possibly a minor one) for moving
> non-free OFF debian.org: Donations.

you're suggesting that we perpetrate this act of vandalism because there
might be some money in it?

> If you want really anti-non-free minded companies to jump on the
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> debian bandwagon,

name one.

even in the unlikely event that any exist, why should we give them any
more consideration than any other company? debian does not exist for the
benefit of any company, whether they call themselves an "open source" or
"free software" company or not.

if a company, of any kind, wishes to use debian for any purpose then
they are free to do so just like anyone else as long as they abide by
the terms of the software licenses.

they don't need to ask us or make any kind of deal with us, they can
just do it.

craig

--
craig sanders