Re: Removing non-free - reality check.

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Benedikt Eric Heinen wrote:

> As I wrote before, while I DO appreciate people like you trying to
> "cleanse" Debian from anything not entirely free, I also DO
> appreciate having access to debian-ready non-free software if I can
> agree with the license tied to that software.

	I wonder, would perhaps a better compramise be to require for
non-free that apt come up and inform the user of the license and ask
them if they agree before installing it?
	Perhaps w/ a flag that experianced users (who have already
looked over the license and know what they're getting into) can use
to turn it off?
	This retains the control and makes users much more aware that
the software they are installing is non-free...

		Stephen