Re: Removing non-free - reality check.

> 	I wonder, would perhaps a better compramise be to require for
> non-free that apt come up and inform the user of the license and ask
> them if they agree before installing it?
> 	Perhaps w/ a flag that experianced users (who have already
> looked over the license and know what they're getting into) can use
> to turn it off?
> 	This retains the control and makes users much more aware that
> the software they are installing is non-free...

Hmm, might be worth a shot.

Even though, I see a second point (possibly a minor one) for moving
non-free OFF debian.org: Donations.
If you want really anti-non-free minded companies to jump on the
debian bandwagon, it might be worth while if non-free was hosted
and cared for separately as it would be obvious, that non-free
would NOT benefit from any donation towards a free debian.
And those companies, that donate now will most likely still donate
to debian.org in the future as well...

  Benedikt

BRAIN, n. An apparatus with which we think what we think.  That
  which distinguishes the man who is content to _be_ something from
  the man who wishes to _do_ something.  [...] In our civilization,
  and under our republican form of government, brain is so highly
  honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office.