grendel@vip.net.pl (Marek Habersack) writes:

> > No indeed.  I was trying to get the point across -- are we really
> > going to continue the support of the distribution of non-free software
> > merely because of GAMES?!  You seem to think that games justfiy this.
> Hmm... Although I'm not a player myself, I recognize that it's games that
> drive at least a large part of the computer industry - whether you like it
> or not. It applies certainly to the PC hardware. And whether one likes it or
> not, games is what attracts many users to that or another OS... So, yes,
> they *also* are a reason for *not* removing the section.

Debian is NOT about marketing.  Read the Debian Manifesto.  Debian is
about Free Software.  Why else would we not package up KDE, or
distribute Debian with a bundled version of Doom or Quake? (Well,
before Quake was Free)  Because we care about Free Software more than
marketing.

> > My opposition seems to think that games are a valid reason for keeping
> > non-free around.  Seems fair game, so to speak, to discuss this.
> Your irony here doesn't serve anything. It's just a poor excuse for not
> discussing this particular issue...

The issue has been discussed in many messages, there is a line where I
feel that repeating myself is not a good use of my time.