On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 01:52:44PM +0100, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> > The defenders of the last truly free distribution want us to expand our
> > efforts to support non-free software and are miffed that someone wants to
> > do the opposite.  I didn't say that---THEY DID.  This is truly a sad time
> > to be a developer for this project.  And I fear things are getting worse,
> > not better.
>
> <ignoring the FUD in the above remark>I am very much pro-free
> software, but think the free software community's interests are
> *harmed* by this GR.
>
> But no, we don't want to *increase* our non-free efforts - they should
> remain outside of Debian as they are now.

If you are NOT one of those people saying we should increase our non-free
efforts, the above DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.  However, these people exist and
have stated that position in the course of this argument.  I shall not
change my opinion just because you provided a counter example.  The fact
that the original example exists I consider to be a terrible thing.

There are lots of reasons why this GR should fail on technical reasons
alone.  But on the same token the above people are a damned good reason it
should pass if another option is not available when it comes time to vote.

<Teller> where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?