Re: Counter Proposal (was Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free)

>   5. Programs That Don't Meet Our Free-Software Standards
>
>      We acknowledge that some of our users require the use of programs
>      that don't conform to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. Although
>      non-free software is not a part of any Debian distribution, we will
>      support its use and provide infrastructure (such as the "contrib"
>      and "non-free" areas in our archive, our bug-tracking system and
>      mailing lists) for non-free software. We encourage CD manufacturers
>      to read the licenses of software packages in these directories and
>      determine if they can distribute that software on their CDs.

I'm "just a Debian user" at the moment (plan to become a maintainer when I
have something to maintain).

I second it.

"Real hackers mostly think crackers are lazy, irresponsible, and not very
bright, and object that being able to break security doesn't make you a
hacker any more than being able to hotwire cars makes you an automotive
engineer."
   -- The Hacker HOWTO

Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@cheerful.com

See the mail headers for GPG/advertising/homepage information.