Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 08:16:02AM -0400, paul wrote:
> I don't follow this argument.  I do understand that debs built without the regulation provided by the Debian organisation could be possibly non-compliant with Debian standards, but I fail to see that a "debfind.net" could not enforce compliance if the maintainers of "debfind.net" chose to do so.  There's no logical reason that two separately administered quality control systems could not adhere to the same standards.

I suppose. Any evidence that this is the case with rpmfind.net though?

I think a better approach is for Debian to let anyone reasonable
who wants to become a developer, and give them somewhere official
to upload their work. New maintainer is open again thanks to a lot
of hard work by Dale and the gang, but now we're talking about taking
away the second of these two things?

Hamish