grendel@vip.net.pl (Marek Habersack) writes:

> First of all, for most *users* Netscape is as free as Mozilla - they don't
> pay a quid for neither, so? You wan't to politically educate the users,
> teach them about the nuances of GPL/LGPL/Artistic/BSD and other licenses? If
> so, fine - go ahead, but I'm afraid that software distribution isn't the
> right media for such kind of education.

There is an element of free beer/software confusion there, but I think
the overall point is good. Yes, we do want to educate people that free
software is better, but no, making it difficult for them to get
well-maintained, properly packaged .debs of non-free isn't the way to
do it.

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."