My present position, in opposition of anything resembling non-free in social contract

Hi,

After all the crap I've heard from folx who seem to think we have an
obligation to non-free software, HEAR THIS:

I am now -opposed- to any part of the social contract that mentions non-free.
If anyone now objects to my being a maintainer because of this, they will
have to mount an effort to push me out, because I will not go willingly or
quietly.

Try to convince people that I should be ousted because I demand the freedom
to refuse to support non-free software and be vocal in so doing. To reiterate,
I do so refuse.

For example, it would be a very big mistake for anyone to assert that I have
to help some specific user at some specific time with some item of non-free
stuff, waving my debian developership at me. I would flame the asserter. And
the user better not make the same assertion if money wasn't immediately
offered. If it's non-free, I WANT MY CUT.

If the software is non-free, then I assert my right to ask for payment if
someone wants me to support them in it.

The bottom line is this: the user gets to run whatever he/she wants. I assert
that the only form of support debian needs to give is whatever documentation
exists such that a user can port an item of non-free software onto a debian
installation. The user should find out how to run make and gcc, and maybe
how to program in C in case the port isn't instantaneous.

For the record, I hereby disclaim any promise whatsoever to support non-free
software in any way whatsoever.

-Jim

---
Jim Lynch       Finger for pgp key