Re: New Debian Maintainers

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 07:58:46AM +0200, Nils Lohner wrote:
>   IMO if a) noone complains and b) you still want to announce this, I'd
> really suggest staying here.  It shows the project is 'alive' to the world
> (always good :) and is not high-volume, high-noise or anything negative. I
> agree its not important enough for the thousands of users (10s of thousands
> on d-a) on the other two lists.  Otherwise I'd even be for a
> debian-projetc-announce list where project/procedural items would be
> announced... maybe approved proposals etc. could go there too then.  What do
> you think?

Keep it on -d-a, -private is a bad place for it (the fact that we have new
developers most certainly should NOT be secret), a new list is really a
bad idea, and things get missed on -devel too easily.

<Knghtbrd> it's too bad most old unices turned out y2k compliant
<Knghtbrd> because it means people will STILL BE RUNNING THEM in 30 years
           =p
<Knghtbrd> it would have been so much nicer if y2k effectively killed off
           hpux, aix, sunos, etc  ;>
<Espy> Knghtbrd: since when are PH-UX, aches, and solartus "old"?