Re: [rfc] New package idea with policy problems

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 03:19:49PM -0400, Brian Mays wrote:
> A *program* that modifies other packages' conffiles does not violate
> policy.  Policy requires only that the *package*, through its package
> scripts (preinst, postinst, etc.), not modify the conffiles of other
> packages.

Um, I'll take your word for it, all I could find in the policy-manual
was the sentence.
"A package may not modify a configuration file of another package."

Which it sounds like I have mis-interpreted, it was suggested to me
that this wasn't really a problem as long as the user(=root) agrees,
and after all how could you package linuxconf otherwise.

Oh Well, One problem solved...

TTFN
--
Roger
	Fear is finding cthulhu.tiff in your home directory.