Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 16:29:30 +0100, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> Francesco Tapparo <ftapparo@ntt.it> writes:
> > different from the debian "official archive". It's very common to find
> > non-free and non-us (here in Europe) packages.

> Do you have data to back up "vast majority"?

Try living in Europe for a year, and you'll simply know from experience why
downloading isn't an option in many cases.

I know of no country in Europe where affordable flat-fee internet access is
available to large parts of the population. Of course it is coming, e.g.
ADSL in (parts of?) Great Britain, ADSL and flat-fee ISDN in parts of the
Netherlands. For most people the only affordable internet connections are
analogue or ISDN connections, charged per second.

Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.