On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 05:50:00PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> your dictionary must be quite limited (or you are deliberately ignoring
> all other definitions which don't suit your argument). it doesn't even
> mention the usage of 'discrimination' in a legal context, where it means
> prejudicial action. of course, to give you the benefit of the doubt, a
> lot can change in 87 years and your definition is a truncated version of
> the first one from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913).
>

> try this definition, from WordNet:
>
>   discrimination
>        n 1: unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of
>             prejudice [syn: {favoritism}, {favouritism}]

Do you consider it unfair to treat non-free software differently from
free software?

If so, then your definition above doesn't apply.

If not, then I grant your point; OTOH, why do you support Debian in
the first place if you don't agree with its principles?

(For clarification, the above question is rhetorical; I'm not really
suggesting you don't support Debian's goals or anything.)