On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 02:38:53AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> > > We have always discriminated against non-free software, and
> > > rightly so.
> >
> > we don't actively discriminate against it, we ignore it as much as
> > possible.
>
> That involves discrimination!

yes, go ahead and chop out the line "there is a difference" which makes
the point. i'll repeat it because you seem to want to ignore it: there
is a difference between ignoring something (passive discrimination at
worst), and active discrimination.

> > that mixture, you create yet another reason for new users to choose
> > debian. by making it difficult, you create yet another reason for new
> > users to choose something else instead, redhat perhaps...or one of the
> > others who care even less about free software ideals, suse or turbolinux
> > or whoever.
>
> DEBIAN IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST.

congratulations!  you missed the point entirely.

craig

--
craig sanders