RE: General Resolution: Removing non-free

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> Apt could come with the "non-free" sources line present in the
> sample configuration file.  Everyone could continue operating
> as normal.  Apt makes it effortless to pull the Non-free packages
> from another site.

If this resolution passes, I promise you that a new user of Debian *will
not* find the non-free stuff. It will be as hidden from view as the KDE
archive is.

I will personally expunge all mentions of non-free from the APT sources
and I'm sure Joey Hess will do the same for his setup script. [If not I
will get off my lazy bottom and replace it :P]

RMS will be pleased, he has been bugging me to do exactly that for ages.

Jason