Re: lintian and binary plugins

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 01:01:46PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> spake forth:
> Previously Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> > drgenius (in incoming) has .so plugins and lintian chockes on it.
> > i had to move the .so link in the -dev package.
>
> lintian just needs to be told to shut up for plugins, most likely
> by using an override. I know it supports per-package overrides,
> but how exactly to do that doesn't seem to be documented :(
>
> Wichert

I seem to remember reading in lintian's docs that you needed to send mail to
its maintainers to ask for overrides (it also listed an address). I faced a
similar situation with gnome-pilot and sent them mail, although I haven't
yet received a response and lintian still doesn't like it ;).

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
PGP: 0xA9592D4D 62 A7 11 E2 23 AD 4F 57  27 05 1A 76 56 92 D5 F6

A star captain's most solemn oath is that he will give his life, even
his entire crew, rather than violate the Prime Directive.
- Kirk, "The Omega Glory", stardate unknown