Re: New Debian Maintainers

David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 02:29:12AM +0200, Davide G. M. Salvetti wrote:
> > ***** JT => James Troup
> >
> > JT> [ One last time to debian-devel-announce.  Unfortunately, I didn't get
> > JT> very much feedback as to which list I should post to and the
> > JT> majority of it suggested the announces stay on here.  I don't
> > JT> actually think these posts are important enough to merit being on
> > JT> debian-devel-announce, so from next week on they will go to
> > JT> debian-project.  If you don't like this, say so... ]
> >
> > Why don't you send these post to -private, like Joey did?
>
> I though -private was for things which shouldn't be public? If it should
> go to -private, except for it not being private, shouldn't it go to
> -devel? (-project works, but it's yet another mailing list devoted to
> core Debian stuff.)

I'd rather like to see it on -devel or -devel-announce, since -private
is IIRC only for people already beeing in the project, and I really
would appreciate it to see myself coming in *g* (I hope new-maintainer

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann   | Dru@ICQ     | 54523380@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Pfeilgasse 4-6/725 | A-1080 Wien | Austria      | Europe