Re: Proposal: use BTS for wnpp

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 01:40:47PM +0000, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > In ther interim anyone can read the bts and see that GFoo has been requested, I
> > can move it from wishlist to normal when I agree to package it.  The BTS can be
> > queried for info after the bug was closed (hmm, version 0.1.alpha of GFoo was
> > the first upload).
>
> So there is no need to create a "wishlist package" in the BTS?  That's
> what I thought Jordi was implying when he said :

Well, I just asked what would happen in the case you pasted below.

> On Tue, 30 May 2000, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > If I ITP foobar and after 300 days I haven't uploaded anything, I guess you
> > would mail bug #foobar-wishlist to comment that. How would I know you did?
> > CC's or something? Is there an automatic way to do this in the BTS?
>
> Doesn't this imply the existence of a "foobar-wishlist" package in the
> BTS?

I meant mailing to the bug number, as Jules already said.

> I guess the problem that I thought remained unsolved isn't a problem.  I
> thought the BTS wouldn't notify the developer who announced his ITP.  But
> of course, if his email is attached to the wishlist in the BTS, he'll
> automatically be copied on any additional info added to the wishlist bug,
> won't he?

I thought submitters don't receive additional bug info if you only mail the
bug. I guess that's why the bts sets a reply to "submitter, bug" when you
receive one. There's also bugnumber-submitter@bugs.debian.org available,
IIRC.

--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
ka Oskuro in RL-MUD || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E