Re: Proposal: use BTS for wnpp

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> My apologies but I just did not follow any of that Ben.

I guess I have just illustrated my incomplete mental model of
the BTS, then.

> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> Please package this cool GFoo application!!  I use it all the time.
>
> <later>
>
> I upload pacakge GFoo, reassign the bug to my new package and close it.

Sounds good.

> In ther interim anyone can read the bts and see that GFoo has been requested, I
> can move it from wishlist to normal when I agree to package it.  The BTS can be
> queried for info after the bug was closed (hmm, version 0.1.alpha of GFoo was
> the first upload).

So there is no need to create a "wishlist package" in the BTS?  That's
what I thought Jordi was implying when he said :

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> If I ITP foobar and after 300 days I haven't uploaded anything, I guess you
> would mail bug #foobar-wishlist to comment that. How would I know you did?
> CC's or something? Is there an automatic way to do this in the BTS?

Doesn't this imply the existence of a "foobar-wishlist" package in the
BTS?

I guess the problem that I thought remained unsolved isn't a problem.  I
thought the BTS wouldn't notify the developer who announced his ITP.  But
of course, if his email is attached to the wishlist in the BTS, he'll
automatically be copied on any additional info added to the wishlist bug,
won't he?

Ben