Re: Proposal: use BTS for wnpp

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 01:40:47PM +0000, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, 30 May 2000, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > If I ITP foobar and after 300 days I haven't uploaded anything, I guess you
> > would mail bug #foobar-wishlist to comment that. How would I know you did?
> > CC's or something? Is there an automatic way to do this in the BTS?
>
> Doesn't this imply the existence of a "foobar-wishlist" package in the
> BTS?

No, he meant foobar-wishlist to stand for the bug *number* of the bug, which would be against package wnpp.  Or at least, that's how I read it.

> I guess the problem that I thought remained unsolved isn't a problem.  I
> thought the BTS wouldn't notify the developer who announced his ITP.  But
> of course, if his email is attached to the wishlist in the BTS, he'll
> automatically be copied on any additional info added to the wishlist bug,
> won't he?

That's right.  Although we weren't talking about ITPs as much as
Requests For Packages, I think.  So I file a bug asking that XYZ be
packaged, someone else emails the bug saying `I tried to package this
but encountered ABC problem' and then finally someone says `I am
packaging this' and then closes the bug when he uploads (possibly in
the changelog of new package!)

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable