Re: gimp1.1 Help Menu not available because of missing GtkXMHTML support

MoiN

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 06:52:01PM -0700, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Ingo> Ben, if my assumption is right that you won't need gnome to
>     Ingo> run gimp with enabled help-browser but only libgtkxmhtml1 -
>     Ingo> would you reconsider building the help-browser?
>
> Hopefully this is the case -- but I fear that the lack of dependancies
> from libgtkxmhtml1 to the gnome libraries may just be because of an
> implicit dependancy (i.e. they expect anything that uses the library
> to also link to gnome).
>
> Let me know what you find out! :)

Good news!

The dependencies increased only by libgtkxmhtml (>= 1.0.56-3). If
you want to see the result, you can look at

	http://garnix.unix-ag.uni-hannover.de/~ingo/gimp/  [1]

which holds all sources and generated packages. The "Packages"
file contains the output of dpkg-scanpackages and shows all
dependencies. The packages were compiled on potato, but by
accident I got the sources from woody, which shouldn't matter,
though.

Besides some missing pages the help browser runs very nice :) But
I must admit that I don't have a potato/woody without gnome
installed so I could not test if the help browser really works
without gnome.

    Ingo

[1] I will not provide any support with problems depending on
these files.
--
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.
This email was infected under the terms of the GNU General Public License.