Re: gimp1.1 Help Menu not available because of missing GtkXMHTML support

MoiN

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 02:00:02AM +0200, Markus Fischer wrote:
> gimp1.1 (up to -22) doesn't have Help support compiled in because
> its not linked against GtkXmHTML. Ben Gertzfield stated in [1]
> why he thinkgs this is a bad idea; and I agree with him.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can install libgtkxmhtml1
without installing any additional packages. Those 26 packages
mentioned in the bugreport seem only neccessary to _build_ the
package. The dependency on libgnome-dev for libgtkxmhtml-dev
seems to install a lot of packages.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to build gimp1.1 now and look at
the dependencies. I don't expect any changes (except for
libgtkxmhtml, of course) but it probably would take some hours
(PI/133). I'll post the result when it is done.

> [1] http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=52634

Ben, if my assumption is right that you won't need gnome to run
gimp with enabled help-browser but only libgtkxmhtml1 - would you
reconsider building the help-browser?

    Ingo
--
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.
This email was infected under the terms of the GNU General Public License.