Re: Packages pulled from potato, first sweep

Colin Watson wrote:
> >Since nothing in potato currently depends on wxgtk2.1 it's probably pretty
> >safe to yank it if it won't build with the gtk version there.
>
> I ought to have said I'm running woody, sorry - gtk-1.2.8. potato has
> gtk-1.2.7, though, and on the nearest potato system it seems to have
> similar problems (bitmap.cpp is fine, but it still dies on
> dcclient.cpp).

Yep, you'll need gtk1.2.3 - 1.2.6

in gtk1.2.7 they changed the prototype of gdk_gc_set_dashes in a way that
breaks C++ compilation.  It was accidental (the incompatibility, not the
change) but a lot of people got burned by it.

Later versions of wxWin check the gtk version and deal with it correctly,
the version currently in potato does not.  Reuploading it with a versioned
depends doesn't really help if that version of gtk is no longer available.

I hope to have 2.2 in woody RSN though.

best,
Ron