Re: Packages pulled from potato, first sweep

On Sat, 27 May 2000, Colin Watson wrote:

> Jim Lynch <jim@laney.edu> wrote:
> >One more thing...
> >
> >Seems wxgtk2.1 will not build due to type mismatches in function calls.
> >
> >Could someone please verify this please? (the please was not redundant imo)
>
> Yes. src/gtk/bitmap.cpp tries to call gdk_draw_bitmap() (as far as I can
> tell, there is no such function); later, src/gtk/dcclient.cpp has type
> mismatches. I didn't go any further. Could building this require an
> older libgtk*-dev than the libgtk1.2-dev I'm using, and if so could
> there be an appropriate Build-Depends: field, please?

Or, more likely, libgtk1.2.6 or later, I would guess.  Which particular
snapshot of wxgtk is this deb based on ? (ISTR it was 2.1.13, but I
may be mistaken).

(gdk_draw_bitmap is defined in gdk.h on my system, which is using
libgtk1.2.6 ...)

I'm not currently a Debian maintainer, so I can't fix this (I'm on
this list mainly so that if I ever sort out the legal implications of
writing wxqt with Troll, I can package it up myself) but I'm cc-ing this
to the wx developers mailing list so that someone there can think about
it (Ron would seem a good choice ...)

Diana.