Re: Packages pulled from potato, first sweep

> Colin Watson wrote:
> > Jim Lynch <jim@laney.edu> wrote:
> > >Seems wxgtk2.1 will not build due to type mismatches in function calls.
> >
> > Yes. src/gtk/bitmap.cpp tries to call gdk_draw_bitmap() (as far as I can
> > tell, there is no such function); later, src/gtk/dcclient.cpp has type
> > mismatches. I didn't go any further. Could building this require an
> > older libgtk*-dev than the libgtk1.2-dev I'm using, and if so could
> > there be an appropriate Build-Depends: field, please?

Yes, Gtk made several incompatible changes, including the typedef change
around gtk1.2.7 IIRC.  you'll probably want gtk1.2.3 to build wxgtk2.1.11
that is currently in potato, but the latest wxwin cvs sources fix these
(and many other) problems.

Since nothing in potato currently depends on wxgtk2.1 it's probably pretty
safe to yank it if it won't build with the gtk version there.  wxWin 2.2 is
getting very close to release so it's probably best not to distribute 2.1.11
anyway since a lot of fixes have been made since then.

I'll be uploading a new set of packages to woody when 2.2 is released but if
anyone really wants a pre-release set before then let me know and I'll put
them up somewhere..

best,
Ron