Re: Where does seahorse (gnupg frontend) belong?

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 12:56:21AM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 02:13:24PM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> > On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 06:48:57PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > > Putting it in contrib means
> > >
> > >   + we will have it on the official Debian CDs even without non-US
> > >   - we will have a broken dependency on that CDs

> > > is the proper place.
> >
> > If contrib goes on the official Debian CDs, then you have broken dependencies
> > on that CD, since any package in contrib depends on something outside of main.
>
> Normally you will have non-free on that CD as well so some of the contrib
> packages will work.

Have you taken a look at some of these licenses recently? Not all of non-free
can be put on a CD, period. Parts of it (ghostscript-aladdin) can't be put
on the CD with other parts of it. Distribution of large parts of non-free
by any means besides non-profit electronic means big trouble, and the official
Debian CD must allow for-profit CD distribution at the least.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu