Where does seahorse (gnupg frontend) belong?

On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 02:13:24PM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 06:48:57PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > Putting it in contrib means
> >
> >   + we will have it on the official Debian CDs even without non-US
> >   - we will have a broken dependency on that CDs

> > is the proper place.
>
> If contrib goes on the official Debian CDs, then you have broken dependencies
> on that CD, since any package in contrib depends on something outside of main.

Normally you will have non-free on that CD as well so some of the contrib
packages will work.

The point I wanted to make is that with seahorse in non-US/main somebody
who has the non-US CD will have both gnupg and seahorse available.

> The only point in putting contrib on the CD (I assume) is to save download
> time for people who have slow connections, which this certainly does.
>
> (Not that I like either option here, but this argument seems spurious.)

If you ask me it should go into main and we should change the US laws :)
As we don't have that option I think it should go into non-US/main.

Thanks

    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member