Re: ITP seahorse

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 08:02:33PM -0600, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     [ Should a Gnome GnuPG front end go in non-US/main or contrib? ]
>
> I would put this front end either in non-US or in main, because
> it is not a bad thing for main packages to point to it.

"Bad" is not the issue. The issue is that main is self contained, and can
be installed without anything else but main. Right now our policy does not
consider anything in non-US as part of that clause. Granted it would be
correct to assume that "main and non-US/main are a single entity when
regarding deps", but that is not the case right now. Our policy does not
grant that exception.

I'm not arguing right or wrong, I'm just pointing to the rule book :)