Re: Release-critical Bugreport for May 12, 2000

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 11:48:58PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> irssi had the same problem, it was fixed by adding Recommends: gnome-panel
> to the package. I suggest gnomeicu does the same.
Sorry, I do not quite catch the point.  I do not use dselect for installing the
packages as usually I know what I want to install, and apt-get does not follow
the Recommends-ations, so in my case, I get a broken package, do I not?

So what's the reasoning for `Recommends:' and not `Depends:'?

I would agree on this type of dependancy if and only if no gnome panel is
assumed by default, or a stricter check is made against gnome panel being
there.  If it just crashes, it does depend on it.

--
Mike