Re: Release-critical Bugreport for May 12, 2000

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 05:15:06AM -0500, BugScan reporter <bugscan@debian.org> was heard to say:
> Package: gaim (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Robert S. Edmonds <stu@novare.net>
> [REMOVE] at next test cycle, if no fix is available. (RB)
>   63537  Gaim dies when logging in.
>
> Package: gnomeicu (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Edward C. Lang <edlang@debian.org>
> [REMOVE] at next test cycle, if no fix is available. (RB)
>   63138  gnomeicu: gnomeicu-client segfaults
>   63139  gnomeicu: gnomeicu crashes on user addition

  Both these packages work fine for me.  Does "release-critical" mean "doesn't
work for one user of the distribution"?

> Package: mesag-widgets-dev (debian/main)
> Maintainer: James A. Treacy <treacy@debian.org>
> [REMOVE] mesa at next test cycle, if no fix is available.  That
>   will take out a lot of other stuff.  (RB)
>   62674  mesag-widgets-dev: Building no longer works, neither do the demos

  Are we seriously suggesting removing mesa and everything depending on it?  I
take enough flak about Debian being out-of-date and featureless as it is..

  Anyway, I don't have trouble compiling against mesa itself and the programs
that are compiled against it run fine.  The demos shipped with this program
don't compile because the Makefile is extracted from an Automake tree and
therefore broken, but Crystal Space compiled last time I tried.  If this
"widgets-dev" library is a problem, why not just disable it in the Mesa build?

  Daniel