Re: Release-critical Bugreport for May 12, 2000

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 05:29:19PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> > >   63138  gnomeicu: gnomeicu-client segfaults
> > >   63139  gnomeicu: gnomeicu crashes on user addition
>
> >   Both these packages work fine for me.  Does "release-critical" mean "doesn't
> > work for one user of the distribution"?

> But seriously, gnome-icu runs perfectly with me (and everybody else I
> know). Both bugs were reported by the same person (Alexey Vyskubov
> <alexey@byte-unix.piter-press.ru>) and he didn't react
> to the maintainer's question to provide more info on his local
> configuration. The problems are probably caused by a local
> misconfiguration and IMHO the bugs should be downgraded.
Hmm...  gnomeicu does not work for me at all.  I believe Alexey Vyskubov is
going to post a bug about this as well. :)  Let me cite what I see:

$ gnomeicu
type = 0 exid = (null)

** CRITICAL **: file applet-widget.c: line 668 (gnome_panel_applet_corba_init): assertion `panel_client != ((void *)0)' failed.

** CRITICAL **: file applet-widget.c: line 708 (applet_widget_new): assertion `corbadat!=NULL' failed.

** ERROR **: Can't create applet!

aborting...
Aborted.

This does not look to be working flawlessly.  I can't even try to reproduce
what experience Alexey.  I am pretty sure this is RC. :-(

--
Mike