Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

Le Wed, May 03, 2000 at 10:23:32PM +1000, Anthony Towns écrivait:
> How about we freeze five or six months after releasing potato, use
> "testing" to improve the freeze times and so forth as much as we can,
> and see where we should go from there?

Some remarks :
- unstable is worked on since the very beginning of the freeze, so even if
  a freeze takes 4 months, if we choose to freeeze after 6 months of
  existence of unstable, then we'll freeze 2 months after the release of
  the previous stable ... :-)
- the freeze shouldn't take 4 months, we can certainly have a 1 or 2 month
  freeze if we use your work about "testing" (because the initial dist used
  for the release is already in a better shape) and if we work on RCB
  *before* the freeze (that doesn't mean one week before but *always*).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CD Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd