Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

 Steve> On 01-May-00, 04:58 (CDT), Mike Bilow <mikebw@colossus.bilow.com> wrote:
 >> Slink is so old now as to be borderline useless.

 Steve> "Useless?" So all those people running web servers, mail servers,
 Steve> development projects, file servers, etc. on slink boxes are deluded?

        Useless may be a bit strong. But I definitely could not
 justify recommending slink for a new install over another
 distribution at my place of work. Admittedly, they are conservative,
 and prefer CD installs over network installs, but there you have it.

 Steve> So if we today relabeled the potato dist as "stable",
 Steve> containing exactly the same packages as it did yesterday,
 Steve> you'd be ok?

        I can't speak for others, but I have come to place a certain
 reliance on what Debial labels stable. I certainly hope I am not
 going to be dissapointed. A major factor is also that stable releases
 tend to have cheap CD's available.

       manoj
who is all for releasing more than once in a blue moon
--
 As Zeus said to Narcissus, "Watch yourself."