Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

> Useless is more than a "bit" strong. I'm perfectly happy with Slink on
> my production servers and on my personal NFS server. Mind you, I ran
> Samba and Apache, nothing fancy. Almost all I want is that they are secure.

And this is good so. We could rename the slink version to 'debian secure'.
But we need also newer versions, that are possible not so strict secure, but
newer. This sounds like bullshit, but newer versions have often also better
security patches.

A release is after three months outdated (not all, but many packages); the
users accept then three others months of using this version, but after 6
months they will (and sometimes they must) upgrade packages.

MfG,

   Hartmut