Re: Why wasn't the test cycle announced on debian-devel-announce?

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 08:14:31AM -0400, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
> Now it seems that the target has moved, because the only direct
> announcement I can find of the test cycle being started was on
> debian-release.  (Yes, DWN carried it, but I happened not to browse
> that issue---nor, I will note, are developers expected to even be
> subscribed to debian-devel, where it is posted, so unless it went to
> debian-devel-announce, I don't see how that can constitute any sort of
> official notice).

[aside: if you're interested in DWN, but not -devel, subscribe to the
low-volume debian-news]

> Can someone tell me exactly what I have to read to be assured of
> knowing what's going on in the project and/or can our decision makers
> perhaps make announcements pertinent to the project on the mailing
> list that is ostensibly intended for that?

I think this was an oversight by Richard, you're quite right. Richard:
You probably should have announced the test cycle in advance on d-d-a,
no?

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable