Re: Packages removed from frozen

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 03:38:23AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 12:26:51PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > I have removed these packages from the frozen distribution today.  They
> > are still available in unstable (except for xemacs20).
> >
> > Package: epic4 (debian/main).
> > Maintainer: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>
>
> Did you even read the bug report?

Yes, and it's the second such bug report on the new version of epic4,
which you assured me was a good replacement for the old epic4.  You
gambled and lost.

> The bug was filed less than a week and I was told to expect a patch on
> Monday for this bug (only)..

It is now Tuesday.  The test cycle has started.  A patch next week is
going to be too late in any case for this cycle.  You can aim for the
next cycle, if we have one.

> I'm somewhat annoyed by this action, the fact that I was given NO WARNING
> WHATSOEVER on any list, nor even a chance to fix the bug.

You got a release-critical bugreport in your mailbox. You agreed it was
release-critical.  It sucks that the bug popped up so close to the
start of the test cycle, but that is always going to happen to some
packages.

Richard Braakman