Re: Packages removed from frozen [xemacs20]

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 08:45:32PM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>     Richard> Package: xemacs20 (debian/main).  Maintainer: James
>     Richard> LewisMoss <dres@debian.org> 55278 xemacs20: can't build
>     Richard> from source [STRATEGY] dres requested removal of xemacs20
>     Richard> from unstable (#61494); perhaps it should be removed from
>     Richard> frozen, too?  [Moved to project/orphaned, since it was
>     Richard> already gone from woody]
>
> I have to say I find this rather surprising...
>
> Not that I am complaining, just surprised that a major package like
> xemacs20 won't be in potato. I guess that means we should upgrade to
> xemacs21.

It already won't be in woody; it was removed there some time ago at
the request of its maintainer.  xemacs20 has been broken like this since
the very start of the freeze, so if someone was going to take it over
that would have happened by now.  So, yes, it has been superseded by
xemacs21.

Richard Braakman