Re: Looking for speakers for the First Debian Meeting

I could offer a talk on some of the challenges I've faced using Debian
(and Linux in general) as a legally blind user.  I also have a lot of
experience with the problems other people with disabilities (particularly
vision problems but other areas as well) experience when trying to
interact with a platform which is downright hostile toward their needs at
the moment.

I'm not sure other Debian developers are the best target for such a talk
(and not sure how many would be interested in hearing me give a talk about
such things) but I do think it is essential that we as an organization
look to the needs of the disabled.

Of course I could always just rant to the list what I think should be
done, but that's not the same as actually seeing what I would have to do
every day to be able to use my machines or more importantly what other
people have to work with - if they can.

<JHM> Somehow I have more respect for 14 year old Debian developers than
     14 year old Certified Microsoft Serfs.