Re: Looking for speakers for the First Debian Meeting

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 10:46:46PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> I could offer a talk on some of the challenges I've faced using Debian
> (and Linux in general) as a legally blind user.  I also have a lot of
> experience with the problems other people with disabilities (particularly
> vision problems but other areas as well) experience when trying to
> interact with a platform which is downright hostile toward their needs at
> the moment.

Well, this might be interesting even in a more general way (more general
theme than Debian). There are a lot of issues associated with the use of
Free Software for an educational purpose (education : i.e. to share
knowledge ; so to share the ressources with people with disabilities).

I remember someone, on the debian-french list, asking for some help about
these problems. But we haven't known what to answer :(

Can you please subscribe to lsm@lsm.abul.org, by sending a message to
sympa@lsm.abul.org with the subject : subscribe lsm. The list is reasonably
loaded, and you can discuss the issues about such a theme. We will see, after
some discussion, if this can be hold in the Debian area, or in a more
general way (I think so).

Cu,
--
Thierry LARONDE <thierry.laronde@polynum.com>
10, rue du Bel Air, 74000 ANNECY / Tel.-Fax : 33.(0)4.50.67.46.61