Re: Q: Will the new Lilo be included into potato?

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 08:29:21AM -0700, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
> Seconded and thirded and fourthed!! The new LILO *must* be included in
> potato; Linux is unusable on about 25% of the systems I've tried
> without it. (You have to use a boot floppy or put your kernel under
> 1024 sectors, which is unacceptable for dual-boot systems).
Although I agree with you that the new lilo should be included in potato,
I will point out a third alternative:

Noone prevents you from placing lilo's files on the existing windows
partititon. Symlink /boot to /windows_partition_mountpoint/linux
and that's it.

Be cautios when defragmenting the Windows partition however.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source