Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

Very true.  Why not just admit that woody will NOT be
a quantum leap over potato and settle for a 'quantum
hop'?

I think debian should try to release more often with
smaller goals.  What I sometimes do is to upgrade
packages that I use from source if I really need the
latest and a .deb does not exist.  True I can grab a
package from unstable, but many times unstable is
already using a newer libc or something and I DON'T
WANT to upgrade to the latest libs and risk breaking
everything else.  We need a side directory with
"unstable" versions of newer packages for the current
"stable" release.

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze