Re: Q: Will the new Lilo be included into potato?

    Ben> The new LILO *must* be included in potato; Linux is unusable
    Ben> on about 25% of the systems I've tried without it. (You have
    Ben> to use a boot floppy or put your kernel under 1024 sectors,
    Ben> which is unacceptable for dual-boot systems).

    Robbe> So you find all of the following solutions unacceptable?

    Robbe> * using a boot floppy

Yup. Floppies die. Many machines have terribly slow floppy drives, or
no floppy drive at all.

    Robbe> * having a small /boot partition before any non-Linux stuff

Impossible if you already have Windows installed.

    Robbe> * using a loader different from Lilo

If the install process did this, I would be happy; it doesn't. LILO,
as difficult and ornery as it is, is not nearly as bizarre as some
other loaders.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters F and G and the number 0.
"What's green and sits in the corner? ... A naughty frog!"