RE: apt sources.list

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 01:24:37PM +0100, Pedro Guerreiro wrote:
> > Well, if you have stable in sources.list, you'll have no
> > problems when woody
> > is relased, but if you have potato, then you'll have to
> > change it to woody
> > to be able to upgrade. Simple uh?
> No.
> If you just do regular updates to keep up with the security
> updates, you
> don't expect a major system upgrade.
>
> On the other hand, if you *are* planning to upgrade from
> potato to woody
> or whatever, changing your sources.list is the easiest part by several
> orders of magnitude.
> Wouter.

I agree that the idea of someone who doesn't keep track of the debian
release shouldn't be
slapped with an unknown upgrade.  But honestly someone who does track it
would keep up on things.  I've personally moved a few of my production
systems over from slink to potato, so by the time potato is stable, I'll
have all of my boxes running on potato.

--
Dennis J. Behrens
Operations Analyst