Re: apt sources.list

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 02:26:33PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Pedro Guerreiro wrote:
>
> > If you want _just_ security updates, then you should have a line like this
>
> Wrong.. Security updates are periodicaly moved into the main archive. The
> security site is mearly an interm staging ground while a new point release
> is prepared.

I forgot that we made point releases :-).

> It is certainly not intended that everyone go to the security site when
> the package is already in the archive. (this is why it is always listed
> LAST)

Of course not, but that's why I think one should have stable _and_ security
on sources.lists. IMHO a good administrator will always keep up with
security issues, and not wait for us to release the next stable update. So
they will get the security updates from _security_ not from _stable_. When
the packages hit stable, the most needed already have updated.

--
Pedro Guerreiro
Universidade do Algarve (EST) - Campus da Penha - 8000 Faro - PORTUGAL