Re: RBL report..

On 29-Mar-00, 15:21 (CST), Lawrence Walton <lawrence@the-penguin.otak.com> wrote:

> Nils: you still need a DNS named, static, route-able IP to be your own host.

I have DNS named, *dynamic*, routable IP -- thanks to the good folks at
dyndns.org. The only bad thing is that the reverse DNS isn't consistent.
I'm still not entirely comfortable getting e-mail sent directly to me,
which is why I POP most of it.

> Branden: You might consider getting a static.

That would be nice. Unfortunately, the choices at swbell (DSL) are
either one dynamic IP ($40/month), or 5 (!) static IPs, at $80/month +
$100 installation + $100 to set up the DNS (no, not register a domain,
*just* to configure the DNS). (And yes, they want the $100 installation
even though I already have everything set up and all they would have to
do is allocate the IP addresses.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read