Re: Encryption Builds

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 02:28:49PM -0800, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> Can anyone refresh my memory as to the legality of encryption-enabled builds
> of software inside the U.S.  Did we (like Kernel.org) decide it was okay to
> host this in U.S.-based servers, or are we still recommending
> that members of the free world do such builds?
>
> If the answer is to not build inside the U.S., I need a non-US developer
> to help me build a SSL module for AOLserver.

A flamewar on -private between myself, Manoj, and Ben Collins led to the
conclusion that it's not yet safe to distribute crypto in the U.S.  I
posted another message to -devel a few minutes ago with more information.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    Suffer before God and ye shall be
Debian GNU/Linux               |    redeemed.  God loves us, so He makes us