Re: Encryption Builds

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 02:28:49PM -0800, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> Can anyone refresh my memory as to the legality of encryption-enabled builds
> of software inside the U.S.  Did we (like Kernel.org) decide it was okay to
> host this in U.S.-based servers, or are we still recommending
> that members of the free world do such builds?

We haven't change the definition of the non-US distributions, so
encryption stuff should still be uploaded to non-US/main or similar. On
the other hand, the US have changed their stance on encryption, so
there's no problem with US people uploading to non-US/main.

That's my understanding anyway.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds